I had grand plans to write another hilarious blog about how much I still loved the Emmy’s this year (See last year and the year before‘s posts). Not gonna happen. Here are as many random thoughts as I can muster.
- I love Jimmy Kimmel, but the opening sketch and monologue, not funny
- Kerry Washington had my favorite dress on the red carpet (go Scandal!). Second runner up Eddie Falco (she looks amazing). Third runner up Julie Luis Dreyfus
- I did not enjoy the yellow/neon trend
- I am a big fan of Luis CK. This is something kind of recent that I have not shared with my blog fans. The man is funny and his show is funny
- I am voting for Melissa McCarthy to host next year
- I still can’t believe anyone watches Two and a Half Men. An Emmy, really? (no offense Ducky)
- OK..Aaron Paul winning for best supporting actor in a drama (including the hug from Gus) was awesome
Unfortunately, I did not get much sleep last night and I can’t stay awake any longer. A post on half of the Emmy’s is pretty lame, huh? Or, we can think of it as me being less of a perfectionist which could be a good thing!
Addendum: I skimmed the rest on my TiVo and I need to add one more comment
- In Claire Dane’s acceptance speech she said “Mandy Patinkin, holla”! Clarie and I should be BFFs and we could both hang out with Mandy and her hot husband Hugh Dancy (and then I would tell her not to wear yellow again, ever).